Job ID 27928
Organization Name Jobistan.af
Vacancy Number PIN-HR/1205/2022
Number of Job(s) 1
Job Location(s) Kabul
Experience Field Minimum 2 year experience in finance. of relevant experience
Education Field University degree in Finance or equivalent
Career Level Other
Salary Based on PIN salary scale - One Year with Possibility of Extension
Contract Type Not Specified
Required Language(s) Dari
About People In Need:
- People In Need (PIN) Afghanistan
PIN is a Czech, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. Human dignity and freedom are fundamental values and we believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their own lives and share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
People in Need’s Afghanistan country programme started in November 2001, providing emergency food distribution in mountainous areas of the central highlands. 20 years later, the programme has visibly grown and diversified, but continues to promote PIN’s core values: envisioning a world where people are free to make decisions about their lives; a world where people are not restricted by an un-free society, poverty, lack of education or discrimination. Today, we work along the humanitarian and development spectrum, providing immediate aid supporting the most vulnerable in Afghanistan to find long-term solutions to the challenges they face.
PIN Afghanistan’s three strategic objectives for the current planning period (2021-2022) are (1) Agency driven, transformative, humanitarian assistance; (2) Making markets work for crisis affected and marginalized communities; and, (3) Harnessing decent, productive and inclusive livelihoods. Under the current evolving context, the CP is focusing efforts under strategic priority 1 and in particular supporting people to have (1) enough to eat, (2) a safe and secure living space that supports their health and well-being, (3) the basic items needed to stay safe and warm, and (4) access to education when the normal structures are no longer available to them.
GENERAL POST DESCRIPTION
The main task of the Finance Assistant is to support the program in Kabul providing financial support and maintain records of the financial transactions and
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL REPORTING LINES
He answers directly to Finance Manager for Afghanistan mission.
He collaborates with other members of finance team in Kabul and Mazar-e-Sharif Office and at HQ Office Prague
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Keeping record of all cash transaction in physical office cashbook;
- Keeping record of all advances taken in the base of employee;
- Clearing of advance and subsequent refunds;
- Checking correctness of financial documents, support of correction of incomplete
docs provided by program and operation team;
- Proper and thorough documentation and other finance-related issues;
- Scanning of finance documents and uploading into the sharing platform SharePoint;
- Archivation of the hardcopies of all finance documents received;
- Reflecting the transactions into accounting database NAVISION, uploading cash
documents and conducting weekly cash reconciliation.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of
Country Programme, and projects;
- Cooperation on tasks with Finance Officer in Mazar-e-Sharif;
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned
by employee’s Line Manager;
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, CVT Code of
Conduct, CVT Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
Education & Professional experience:
- University degree in Finance or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 year experience in finance, preferably with national/international NGOs
- Understanding of humanitarian context in Afghanistan;
- Excellent experience in working with diverse team and demonstrated capacity of team management;
- Excellent understanding about Afghanistan Tax Law;
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English, Dari, Pashtu;
- Demonstrated knowledge on gender and diversity
Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only those candidates will be called for interview who meet the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position.
Please follow the below link and fill out the form completely:
Closing date will be 25.May.2024